Liposuction is a surgical procedure for removing excessive fat from various parts of the human body. Unhealthy and unattractive looking fat accumulates in abdomen, waist, hips, backside, and thighs.
In some patients, Excessive fat is also located in cheeks, neck, and chin. The accumulated fat has a negative impact on health as well as physical appearance. Patients look bloated and obese, and they also develop a low self-esteem that affects their social and professional life.
Different types of liposuction procedures are performed by the best cosmetic surgeon in Mumbai for aesthetic benefits, and not to reduce weight, cellulite, or loose skin.
Liposuction is more of an aesthetic treatment procedure for improving the physical characteristics of the patient. The body contours, waistline, curves, and musculature improves to a noticeable degree in both male and female patients.
Although the common objective of liposuction is removal of excess fat, Surgeons rely on many different traditional and advanced tumescent techniques.
See Also: Liposuction Myths & Facts
The cost of liposuction also varies due to the differences in surgical methods, infrastructure, and customer requirements.
Consultation with a qualified cosmetic surgeon is not only mandatory, but very crucial in determining the success or failure of liposuction.
The following facts about liposuction should lay to rest any lingering doubts in the minds of suitable candidates in India-
- Liposuction is an invasive surgical procedure for removing isolated collections of body fat. The accumulated fat does not respond to physical exercise or healthy dietary programmes. The surgeon prescribes the procedure with the objective of improving the appearance and aesthetics of the body’s contours.
- Liposuction is not suitable for everyone, and interested candidates should consult a qualified cosmetic surgeon for diagnosis and confirmation. In lieu of side effects, the surgeon assesses the patient’s body contours, fat deposits, and skin elasticity to choose the ideal candidates for liposuction.
- Liposuction is a surgery and it involves local anaesthesia, injections, micro incisions on the skin, and vacuum or syringe suction. Larger surgeries that are performed for longer periods involve sedation and general anaesthesia.
- Liposuction is often performed in combination with fat transfer and tummy tuck procedures to enhance the physical and emotional benefits for the patient.
- Liposuction is a globally popular surgical procedure that has found many takers in India due to affordable prices. The liposuction cost in Mumbai is determined by various factors such as body area, total amount of removable excess fat, type of liposuction, and number of target areas.
- The patient has to consent to liposuction based on surgeon’s experience, clinical facilities, and sophistication of offered treatment, total cost, and benefits. Liposuction and allied procedures offer physical, emotional, and aesthetic benefits such as increase in beautification, muscle strength, and self-esteem.
- Liposuction uses a common tumescent technique for reducing blood loss and bruising.
The following steps are implemented during the liposuction surgical procedure :-
- The target fat area is injected with anesthesia and epinephrine which constricts the blood capillaries to prevent blood loss.
- Very tiny and micro incisions are made in the skin to insert thin metallic tubes known as cannulas.
- Surgeon controls the cannulas for fat movement and dislodgment.
- Syringes or surgical vacuum is used to suck out the excessive fat.
- Various methods rely on different types of tools such as powered vibrator, ultrasound, laser, and grooved cannulas for fat liquefaction.
Dr. Rajat kapoor have several years of experience in Liposuction surgery and he is known as the top cosmetic surgery doctor in mira road.